"Faith is for that which lies on the otherside of reason. Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys. Surely it wasn't reasonable of the Lord of the Universe to come and walk this earth with us and love us enough to die for us and then show us everlasting life? We will all grow old, and sooner or later , we will die, like the old trees in the orchard. But we have been promised that this is not the end. We have been promised life." ~Madeleine L'Engle

I start this blog with the above quotation. I think it explains how I preceive life in life itself. Without Faith, I don't know how one person can make it through this short journey that we all live. Life comes with sorrows but it also grants us with great joys!

I guess I should start off by introducing myself. My name is Nichole. I'm 24 years old and I consider myself to be just a "plain Jane". However, as far I precieve things...God never creates things to be plain. If my friends and family were to describe me, their choice words would probably be: fun-loving, opinionated, loud, funny, sweet, thoughtful, compassionate and maybe a little OCD. I'm a glass half-full kind of girl. I am a Preacher's Daughter that totally defies the typical definition of such. I absolutely LOVE serving the Lord. I have my ups and downs with being a PK. As with any other thing in life, the good always comes with the bad. I've worked at the same job since I was 16 and I absolutely love and adore the people that I work with.

I guess you could say that I've been forced to blog. Two of my friends have started blogs that touch my life each time they post. Being one that is usually not easily persuaded by peer pressure, finally broke after a little pressure from the two and here I am! I plan to dedicate this blog to all and any of my opinions (there's a fore-warning for you), my hopes, my joys, and my sorrows whether it be with real-life applications or inspired by movies, books or music. (I'm a critic by heart!)

Heart Wide Open. Hands Lifted High.
I entitled my blog as this because throughout my life I have always lived with an open heart. As hard as I have tried with past hurts, I have never seemed to build up those walls that so many people have had the chance to do. I go into all things and do all things with an open heart and usually an open mind. I think God granted me with a gift of discernment because of this inability to build walls. Thus, Hands Lifted High. Even though I've been hurt by friends, family, past relationships, etc.,I always end up on the other side praising God. Whether HE delivered me from unforseen circumstances or just had something better for me, HE always delivers.

So...with a Heart Wide Open and Hands Lifted High.....the blog begins!

2/10/09


This entry was posted on 6:32 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Girl, I'm impressed. Your blog is great and you have a lot to share. You could be a writer, interesting, thoughtful and "with it" Glad to have you as a wonderful and dear friend. Love ya, Jeanine

  1. ... on February 10, 2009 at 7:52 AM  
  2. Amanda said...

    This is so exciting, it is almost an "Edward" moment!

    Yes as one of your friends, you are right, I would not call you a "plain Jane," you are anything but~! And I will just throw one of your qualities/gifts off the top of my head, YOUR VOICE is remarkable, which I haven't heard in a while...just saying!

    And your title, if I might add, is perfect. You chose the title that describes exactly who you are.

    I am thrilled that you are writing, and I am sure it will be good for you and the people who read it. =)

  3. ... on February 10, 2009 at 8:33 AM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    You never cease to amaze me. You have always been my strong arm and with this blog you are even more so.

    With my arms lifted high and my heart full of thankfulness I PRAISE THE LORD!!! for you always.

    You have done so much more in your 24 years than I have in my 45. And, I too have miss hearing your joyful praises to the LORD.

    Keep going baby. Love, MOM

  5. ... on February 10, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
  6. The Allen Family said...

    YAY! COLE! I love it and I am so excited that you started this blog. I always love hearing your opinions on matters, because you always have one! You are hilarious! Can't wait for your next entry! Sorry it took me forever to follow, but as you know my week has been a little overwhelming. But, I am back!

    And, NO you are NOT a plain Jane, far from it! and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the title!

  7. ... on February 15, 2009 at 6:23 AM