You've gotta love DVR's! I was finally able to catch up on some of my recordings in the last couple of weeks and I was able to watch Kate Winslet on Oprah. I've always been a big fan of Kate and when I saw this show, it just confirmed how great of a woman she really is. Anyway! As I was watching the show, it was Oprah's Academy Award's special and she had Kate, Sean Penn, and Hugh Jackman on. She played clips from the awards show for each actor and showcased their best moments during the night.
Kate's best moment in the night was when she won the Best Actress Award for The Reader. My favorite part of the clip was when she was thanking the people who had faith for her along the way. During the clip, she thanks her mom and dad and can't find them in the audience. Anyway, watch this video to see what I am talking about. You can fast foward the clip to about the 7 minute mark and that's where she actually starts her speech.



I about cried when I saw this clip because it made me think of our Father. Of how if we just whistle (pray), He'll respond and we'll know where He is!! If we just ask Him to, He'll speak to us so that we'll know He is there! He might whistle, He might speak, He might do something beyond normal but it will still give us the sense that He is there somewhere in the audience. Somewhere in the midst of all of our craziness!!

4/17/09


This entry was posted on 1:17 PM and is filed under , , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    The Allen Family said...

    Totally Awesome! You are so right!!! And by the way, its about time you posted again! :)

  1. ... on April 20, 2009 at 6:32 AM