How is that one show can be so addicting??? American Idol. A contest. A show. A outlet. I think the whole concept is amazing for aspiring singers. Especially for singers who normally would never be recognized within their day to day lives. Last week during American Idol, me and my BFF Bethany had the rare chance to sit down and watch the show together! The fact that she lives FOUR hours away makes it almost impossible for us to watch anything together anymore! Anyway! That's another blog for another day.

Since Bethany and I are both movie, musical and music addicts we were completely ecstatic to find that American Idol last week was Songs from the Cinema week! Everyone did a fantastic job with the exception of Lil. She seems to have lost her voice over the last couple of weeks. I know the girl can sing but she just can't pick the right songs to sing!

My favorite performance of the whole night was Kris Allen's rendition of Falling Slowly. I guess I shouldn't say rendition because he was pretty much right on with the recording that I'm familiar with! When the music first started playing and I realized what he was singing, I lost my breath! The fact that he even knew the song was fantastic! The fact that he could sing it that great was beyond me! For some reason, I was to the point of tears because of his performance! How lame am I?!?! I haven't really been a Kris Allen fan. Sure he's cute but he definitely isn't anything to be swooning over! Sorry Kris! But the whole point that the song was performed was the greatest aspect of the whole night!

The song came from a movie called Once. Granted, the movie isn't really that great. But the storyline, the simplicity of the movie makes it a good watch. Everyone should definitely check it out.

Also, if you missed Kris' performance, check it out: http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_8/performances/kris_allen_falling_slowly

4/20/09


This entry was posted on 7:12 AM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

    Amanda said...

    I totally understand, well not about American Idol, I am addicted to Grey's. It's pathetic. And it is good to be "lame" sometimes! Believe me I KNOW! :)

  1. ... on April 21, 2009 at 9:48 AM